Colorado Springs Felony Traffic Offense Attorneys
A minor felony traffic violations or license suspension can lead to a spiral of traffic-related offenses that result in jail, steep fines, high insurance and long-term revocation of driving privileges. At the law office of Anaya & Chadderdon, P.C., we help clients break this cycle and correct past mistakes to limit the consequences of new traffic charges. Based in Colorado Springs, we serve El Paso County, Teller County and surrounding Colorado. We have represented many Hispanic clients caught without a valid license or insurance, as well as area military personnel with felony traffic violations. Find out how we can help. Call us at 719-227-0007 for a free initial consultation.
Experienced Representation For Felony Traffic Violations
Our Colorado Springs traffic offense lawyers handle all moving violations, including:
- Driving while license suspended (driving under restraint)
- Driving without insurance
- Reckless driving/careless driving
- Hit and run (leaving the scene of an accident)
- Speeding tickets
- DUI/DWAI (drunk driving)
Felony Traffic Offenses Attorney in Colorado Springs
Hard financial times cause people to let their car insurance lapse, or to drive after losing their license from a DUI. But driving without a license carries mandatory jail time and one to five years of further suspension. Driving with no insurance has similar penalties. Soon you have accumulated enough offenses to be prosecuted as a “habitual offender” — a felony punishable by up to one year in jail and a five-year revocation.
As former prosecutors, both of our attorneys understand how to “undo” felony traffic violations to get clients a second chance:
- We may ask the judge for a deferred sentence that avoids jail time and suspension if there are no more felony traffic violations or arrests.
- Or we may try to get the original driving while suspended charge amended to “no operator’s license.” The related offenses can then be dismissed, and the client can once again obtain a valid license.
Our attorneys accompany clients to DMV driver’s license hearings to challenge the suspension, or help clients get reinstated after a long suspension or revocation.
If you have been charged with a serious traffic crime, or need to resolve a lesser felony traffic violations to avoid the points and insurance hikes, contact us online or call 719-227-0007.